Local Pet Stores

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Local Pet Stores

Postby kazuo » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:42 am

Hey guys, I've been meaning to start a thread for everyone to share their favorite local pet stores. I was thinking mainly for the purpose of identifying stores carrying high quality foods, but if there's something else special about the store, please feel free respond.

Just thought there might be stores out there in someone's local area that they weren't aware of.
Last edited by kazuo on Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
kazuo
Site Admin

Postby kazuo » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:52 am

Redmond, WA - Eastside Dog (in Redmond Town Center across from REI)

Cool shop. Small little store, but jam packed with goodies. Innova, Solid Gold, Wellness, Canidae, California Natural, frozen BARF mixes, and more.

Denny's Pet World - Kirkland, WA (in Totem Lake Plaza)

Very friendly staff. Wellness, Canidae, Innova, ...

Gotta show some love to Three Dog Bakery in Downtown Seattle; although, it is nearly impossible to find parking !
kazuo
Site Admin

Postby jmann4 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:46 am

Incredipet - Lexington, KY They have top end foods but are VERY friendly to my girls and I when we go in. They love Angel and I'll be getting some pics of some of the workers with her next time I go in.

They also do a lot of work the local Humane Soicety. Just a good store I don't mind buying from.
jmann4

Postby concreterose » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:02 pm

Pet Supplies Plus-Ann Arbor, Michigan and Canton, Michigan. Have some good supplements, great sales and good deals on toys. Also beginning to carry some premium kibble!

Mantis Garden Supply- Ypsilanti, Michigan. Top of the line kibble (will special order for you), natural bones, supplements and good old fashioned service!
concreterose
Regulator

Postby barbponys » Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:19 pm

Lynnwood Wa.
About Pets: Timberwolf, Wellness, Nature's Variety(Prairie), Wysong. Lots of BARF formulas, tons of raw bones. Involved with Feral Cat Population control.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby kristan » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:22 pm

There's one in Seattle on Queen Anne Ave (on the hill) called All the Best Pet Care that carries food (including Wellness, Innova and Precise. I'm pretty sure they have BARF stuff, too) and supplies for both dogs and cats. They apparently have five locations in the Seattle area, though we've only been to the Queen Anne one. The staff is friendly and helpful, too. :thumbsup:
kristan

Postby BabyReba » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:04 pm

Columbia, MD:

Dogs and Company, 8895C Center Park Drive. They carry many of the quality brands people have mentioned here, including Canidae, Wysong, California Natural, Flint River Ranch, Innova, Solid Gold, and Fresh 4 Life frozen raw meats. They also have a self-serve dog wash, toys, treats, supplements, etc. And a very good staff who know their products.

Baltimore, MD:

ChowBaby, 3531 Chestnut Ave (Hampden). Again, lots of high-quality foods and treats. Verus, Innova, California Natural, Eagle, Evolve, Blackwood, Hi-Tor, and Wysong products. Also: toys, decently priced chew things, leashes, dishes, treats, and gifts for dog people. Robin, who runs the place, is the best--stop in and talk dogs with her!
BabyReba
Regulator

Local Pet Stores

Postby jcolt32 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:58 am

Ok, this is probably biased since I am the owner of a Pet Store in Bloomfield, NJ. I think I sell pretty darn good foods. But, I'd be interested to see what others thought. These are the foods I sell plus I sell all natural and organic bird food too for softbills and parrots.

Canidae/Felidae, Flint River Ranch, California Natural, Innova, Karma, Solid Gold, wellness, Natural Balance, Chicken Souip for the Pet Lover's Soul, Evolve, Nutro Ultra (Brand New Food), Nutro Natural Choice, Merrick Canned Food.

Supplements I Sell:
Nupro, Solid Gold, Ark Naturals, Us Animal Nutritionals, Level 5000, Immuno DMG.

www.paradisepet.net
jcolt32

Postby Kirstan » Sun May 16, 2004 11:18 pm

BARK Natural Pet Care - Ballard Ave., Seattle.

Everything holistic for your pet foodwise, great treats, great toys, fabulous collars (new Urban Hund line in), beds, and, of course, Bubba the pit bull - oh, and Karen and Arlene (in case you guys are reading) ;)

k.

oh! www.barknaturalpet.com
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby chewalotopus » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:19 am

Chicago, IL

The Barking Lot
on Irving Park Rd. just west of Western Ave.
Great for boarding, training, holistic & premium dog & cat foods, awesome selection of healthy treats.

All for Doggies
on North Avenue just east of Damen.
http://www.fordogsake.com/
Awesome store for collars, leashes, harnesses, toys (not like the crappy cheap ones you find at Petco), supplements, Abady (which I don't care to use, but you might!).

Sam & Willy's
on Paulina just north of Lincoln Ave.
Cute shop crammed with fun toys, good healthy premium foods & pet-related gifts.
chewalotopus

Postby Laurier » Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:00 am

Especially for Pets www.especiallyforpets.com
I go to the one in Newton MA, but they have a few other locations.

Village Groomer- Walpole MA
Laurier

Postby Skeptik » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:27 am

Arlington, TX

Adam's Feeds

I was feeding Keiko Science Diet Puppy until I started reading through these forums. This store carries Wellnes, Canidae, Innova, Nutra, and some other brands that I could not find in most pet stores. I gave her some wellness puppy last night, and she LOVED it.
Skeptik

Postby JB » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:18 am

Small Wonders. Toronto Ontario. Danforth and Broadview.

They're the only place in the city where I could find Innova. They also carry Wysong and Wellness and a couple others... but NO purina or iams or anything like that.
JB

Postby X-girl » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:26 pm

Fetch-It Pet Supplies in Jersey City, NJ. They carry Wellness, Canidae, Solid Gold, etc. and are a really great privately owned store. The kind of store you LIKE supporting.

Here's there website: http://www.fetchitpetsupplies.com/index.html

Don't forget to check out their T-shirts on the site - they are absolutely hilarious. roflmao
X-girl
Regulator

Postby blover27 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:55 pm

X-girl wrote:Fetch-It Pet Supplies in Jersey City, NJ. They carry Wellness, Canidae, Solid Gold, etc. and are a really great privately owned store. The kind of store you LIKE supporting.

Here's there website: http://www.fetchitpetsupplies.com/index.html

Don't forget to check out their T-shirts on the site - they are absolutely hilarious. roflmao

thanks! i will be checking that place out :thumbsup:
blover27

Next

Return to Health Issues