Local Pet Stores

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby docdeath » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:11 am

snoopsnoop wrote:
docdeath wrote:K-9 Supplies on 13@1/2 and mound road in warren carries all the top brands of food, supplies, toys and anything you need, also it is a mom and pop buisness, lowest prices i found... :headbang: :peace:

shhhhh!!! that's the dog world secret!

and it's k-9 specialties. :thumsbup:

specialties yep my bad but still the best store i ever was in... :headbang: :headbang:
docdeath
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby snoopsnoop » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:04 pm

docdeath wrote:
snoopsnoop wrote:
docdeath wrote:K-9 Supplies on 13@1/2 and mound road in warren carries all the top brands of food, supplies, toys and anything you need, also it is a mom and pop buisness, lowest prices i found... :headbang: :peace:

shhhhh!!! that's the dog world secret!

and it's k-9 specialties. :thumbsup:

specialties yep my bad but still the best store i ever was in... :headbang: :headbang:

Oh I dont argue with that!!! I actually need to make a trip there myself in the next couple weeks.
snoopsnoop
Forum Junky

Postby bonezmama » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:14 pm

Well, since there are no Las Vegas stores listed, I absolutely must add my 2 cents.

Bone Appetit on Tropicana and Fort Apache is the best store i have ever been to. They are extremely pitbull friendly, you can bring your dogs in, they give out treats galore, and are people friendly too 8)

They carry: Wellness, Canidae, Solid Gold, Nature's Variety, and a few other high end foods. They even carry Nature's Variety raw patties.

They also carry some of the cutest accessories known to man kind. I got Ici a collar about a week ago and she gave it to me 1/2 off simply because my baby was so well behaved :)) Yep, yep they're awesome!!!!!
bonezmama
Adolescent Bully

Postby pjrocco » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:26 am

Healthy Pet - Aurora, IL
Off of Farnsworth Ave. in between RT. 56 (Butterfield Rd.) and Bilter Rd.
I love this place. Great prices, friendly people and quality food and crap food separated.

Dog Patch - Naperville, IL
Off Ogden Ave in between Central Ave. and Naper/Plainfield Rd. Right by Famous Dave's Restaurant.
They sell only high quality foods at good prices, but they support puppy mills. :po:

Pet Fun - Plainfield/Naperville, IL
On the corner RT. 59 and 95th, right next to the Jewel and Caribou Coffee.
This place is pretty small, but they sell mostly quality foods.
pjrocco
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Tytanium » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:44 am

http://www.pawlickingoodtreats.com/Contact.php

Paw Lickin' Good in DeKalb IL (just off rte 23 behind the Starbucks / Next to Target)

They have a good selection of both Dog and Cat foods to include (but not limited to):

Timberwolf (Dog & Cat)
Natures Variety (Dog & Cat)
Merrick (Dog - not sure about cat)
Fromm (Cat)

Others..... I didn't pay much attention past the one's I was looking for.

They also make (they bake them) some natural treats. My pup got a sample treat the other day and I had to drag him out.

This is a small local shop dedicated to pets. I give them my support every time I need something for the furry Boys (Zane the Dog and Maximus the Cat) unless they don't have what I need.[/b]
Tytanium
Newborn Bully

Postby Rob129 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:47 pm

Mud Bay is right down the road from me in Lakewood, Wa. Its a cool place to browse.They have Canidae and Merrick foods They also mess of other stuff.
http://www.mudbay.us/

Although, I will have to drive to Puyallup, Wa to get Timberwolf.
The Wildside Tropical Fish & Exotic Pets|9.47
11012 Canyon Rd E Suite 3
Puyallup, WA
Phone: 253-538-9453
Fax:
E-mail:

There are also Petsmarts and Petco's all over the place.
Click for map
Approximately 9 mile/s Away.
Rob129

Postby FBODGRL » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:53 pm

concreterose wrote:

I LOVE that store!!!

Hey guys...there is also a store at the southwest corner of 13/mound. It is called MPS pet supply. I have found Khan's food there even cheaper than K-9. Although K-9 rocks for treats, bones and bully sticks.
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby snoopsnoop » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:17 pm

FBODGRL wrote:
concreterose wrote:

I LOVE that store!!!

Hey guys...there is also a store at the southwest corner of 13/mound. It is called MPS pet supply. I have found Khan's food there even cheaper than K-9. Although K-9 rocks for treats, bones and bully sticks.

MPS Rocks. Been there a couple times. They carry the NV raw premix. For some stuff K9 is cheaper. Like Canidae.

But there's a store in Birmingham that's also really awesome. Napier Kennel. They carry TW for an awesome price and they have the best price on EVO I have yet to find. The last time I was at K9 they didn't have EVO. Napier Kennel staff are really knowledgable and extremely helpful.
snoopsnoop
Forum Junky

Postby concreterose » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:35 pm

I still haven't made it out to K9. How are their prices on bully sticks?
concreterose
Regulator

Postby snoopsnoop » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:42 pm

concreterose wrote:I still haven't made it out to K9. How are their prices on bully sticks?

THE best evar!!! Like 1.50 for a foot-ish long
snoopsnoop
Forum Junky

Postby Deniselynn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:44 pm

http://www.animalfeedsandneeds.com/

I LOVE this store! Knowledgable, friendly, customer service. Huge selection of high quality food for cats and dogs. Prices are competitive.
Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby FBODGRL » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:52 pm

In general K-9 has better prices. Thre canned Natural Balance is cheaper, but the dry that I feed Khan is like $5 or more cheaper at MPS. K-9 doesn't carry the food I feed the kitties...although I may be switching theirs.

Their prices on bully sticks are the best I have seen anywhere by far. Plus I get the smoked bones there. The knuckle ones are under $2. I love K-9. My mom has been shopping there forever. It was weird when I found MPS I guess they have been around a while. Only reason I found them was I did a search for stores carrying California Natural.
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby snoopsnoop » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:50 am

concreterose wrote:I still haven't made it out to K9. How are their prices on bully sticks?

When you want to go out there, let me know, I would be more than glad to go out there with you!
snoopsnoop
Forum Junky

Postby MyBluePit » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:59 am

ALL IS WELL #3
440 Unit A Old Trolley Rd
Summerville , SC 29485
Very very knowledgeable ladys that work there and best of all they own Amstaffs (a solid chocolate and white with brown patch over eye, purdy dogs). The older of the two really really knows here food nutrition. And there prices are competitive, they made me a loyal customer. They carry Innova, Natures Variety, and can't remember the rest.
MyBluePit
Newborn Bully

Postby meginok » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:54 pm

Central Oklahoma (greater metro area)...

Oklahoma City: (darn near Edmond)

Britton Feed & Seed
708 W Britton Rd
Oklahoma City, OK 73114
(405) 842-5590

They're VERY friendly and helpful, and carry many of the better brands of kibble/canned food for dogs and cats, along with some raw stuff. No toys/beds/etc, just food and supplements. Not sure about Timberwolf, specifically, but I know if they don't stock it, they can (and happily will) special order whatever you need.

Norman, OK:

Ardella's Pet & Garden Center
501 N Porter Ave
Norman, OK 73071 Map
(405) 321-4826

Carry a strange array of foods (I say "strange," because there's some Science Diet, of all things, next to a good selection of Natura products). Not a wide range of brands, but they do carry Natura products, which works for me (I throw a bag of Natural Balance duck/potato through the dogs once every 5-6 bags of Healthwise, and once in a while I throw some Wellness chicken canned food through the cats...otherwise, I buy all Natura). Some other accessories - bowls, leashes, limited selection of toys/beds/etc. Very friendly, willing to help with special orders from the companies/distributors with whom they already deal.
meginok
Bully Ambassador

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues