Low cost spay/neutering

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby ilovelucy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:08 pm

YOUR GREAT!!! this was something i was looking for. i do live in santa ana so this will work out for me great. THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!
ilovelucy

Didn't see it so for all of the people in Sacramento.....

Postby Hellopitty » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:43 pm

The Sacramento SPCA has a program called "we pay to spay" where pit bulls and pit mixes can be altered for free.
www.sspca.org

while you are there they can be heartworm tested, vacc'd and chipped for an extra fee..
Hellopitty

Postby smokey » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:24 pm

For any Berkeley residents out there theres a SNYP program, and all you have to do is go down to the animal shelter on 2nd street, and ask for a voucher. You only have to pay $25 and they set up an appointment with you at a local vet. it only took 10min and now nina's going in on June 14th!
smokey

Postby saturn2 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:37 pm

:)

Look here for a list of nationwide pit bull specific free & low-cost options, http://www.pbrc.net/speuter.html

:)
saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby kcalbat » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:24 pm

Hello,

Just wanted to add one:

For Houston there is

The Houston Humane Society
713) 433-6421 14700 Almeda Rd, Houston, TX

www.houstonhumane.org/

the cost is 30 for a neuter/spay plus 10 for an office visit. SO a whopping 40 bucks. Everything else they do is cheap as well.

The wait for neuter is like a few days. For spays it is about two weeks.

I have like 8 or 9 dogs under my name there...they must be sick of my face!

Anyhoo.....spay/neuter :headbang:
kcalbat
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby mdewitt86 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:48 pm

Does anybosy know of any low cost in Oregon? Specifically in Springfield/Eugene area? :band:
mdewitt86

Postby saturn2 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:34 pm

Try this resource for Springfield/Eugene, OR area:

The Klamath Humane Society Spay Neuter Incentive Project is a campaign to reduce the overpopulation of pets in Klamath County
http://www.klamathhumanesociety.com/snip.htm

Contact info:

Animal Shelter
500 Miller Island Road
PO Box 482
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
(541) 882-1119
staff@klamathhumanesociety.com
saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby saturn2 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:40 pm

Oops. Please disregard my previous suggestion. I just mapquested it and discovered that it is probably too far away from you. Private message me with your zip, county and street name and I'll try to find something for you that's local to your area.

~Sharon
saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby zifosgirl » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:51 pm

Has anyone in the Dallas area used, the MAC free spay/neuter coupon??? I found a vet that accepts it, but on it, it says it pay for the surgery and pain meds and that's it. So I would have to pay for office visit, anesthesia, and anything else, right?
zifosgirl
Newborn Bully

Postby saturn2 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:31 pm

In some instances, yes, that's correct. I would advise you to call the participating clinic before making an appointment and ask them what their requirements/costs are in addtion to the spay/neuter fee. Most vets/clinics that I've dealt with across the country do not charge an additional office visit on top of the spay/neuter fee. The office visit and anesthesia are included in the price of the spay/neuter.

There are lower-cost ways to minimize your out of pocket expenses. For instance, let's say they require that you provide proof of a rabies vaccination and will give the dog a rabies vaccination if it hasn't already been done and will charge you for it. There are usually very low-cost vaccinations programs that can be found if one is willing to search for them. You could take the dog for a rabies vaccination through a different low-cost program before you schedule it for a spay/neuter surgery at this particular clinic. Oftentimes pain meds are optional so if you don't have the money for them, just tell them that you don't want/need them and you could use baby aspirin for pain management instead.

Just some ideas.

Good luck.
saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Cboy1 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:42 pm

Darlazmum wrote:Found a new one, they spay and neuter the first weekend of every month, for $10 tell me you can't afford that? They also have low cost vaccinations.

11258 Garfield
Downey, CA 90242
(562)388-1135

www.singita.org

Dang thanks for the info. that's gonna help me out a lot... Gonna neuter my boy first week of November.
Cboy1
Newborn Bully

Postby dove » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:36 pm

Here in Sacramento, CA the County Animal Control has a program called

'SNIP' http://www.acr.saccounty.net/outreach/spay-and-neuter/SNIP.pdf

Your dog has to be at least 4months old, and you have to be a Sacramento County resident, and you have to make under so much (which is really high amount) to be eligable.[/b]

When you go in, they will do the following there:

* Brought upto date on 'ALL' shots
* Rabies
* County Licence
* Micro Chipping
* Spay/Neutering Refferal to an outside Vet.

Learn more about SNIP!
Call (916) 368–7387 (Option 5) or visit
http://www.saccountyshelter.net
dove
Bully Lover 4 Life

Resources in St. Louis, MO and surrounding areas

Postby AriesGodofWar » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:54 pm

If anyone is looking for low cost spay/neuter assistance and is in St. Louis or surrounding areas, please see the below flyer. This is a great culmination of resources. I thought I would share! With these programs, there is no excuse to keep an intact dog!

http://www.pawsforconsideration.com/LOWCOSTSPAYANDNEUTER.pdf
AriesGodofWar
Super Bully

Postby kristakmj » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:22 pm

how bout anything near fort wayne indiana ? the PBRC is only in indianapolis,thats 3 hours from me my car isnt real reliable thanks i got 2 males and 1 female to have done
kristakmj
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby goldenstatefan » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:15 pm

Sorry, I only skimmed through some of the pages :oops:, but does anyone have any low cost neutering spots for Nor Cal- Manteca, Stockton, or even the Bay Area? I tried the "Friends" site mentioned but they did not have any in my area.
goldenstatefan
Newborn Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues