please help these babies!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

please help these babies!

Postby GSDs FOR ME » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:19 pm

Hello everyone, I'm a new user, I do not own a Pit or Amstaff. I have a male German Shepherd and a female Black Lab. I am posting here because my local shelter has many pits that need a home. Some have been there for almost a year. They are all friendly dogs, I have walked them and the shelter is an excellent shelter to work with for rescues and transport and all that. They are a no-kill shelter, so the dogs are not at risk for being euthanized, but it breaks my heart to see them there for so long.

Dixie, 3 year old Amstaff, sweet with people but does not get along with other animals, so she must go to a one dog home without cats, it would be best if she would go to an experienced family. Dixie was transferred from a rescue group, she is $175.00 and spayed.

Sid, despite his rough exterior, he is quite the teddy bear. He is 5 years old and loves to be petted and rubbed. He is easy going and rides wonderful in the car. He would be best in an only-pet home, but I bet he would do good with another female of his size. Sid is neutered and has a $225.00 adoption fee.

Bixby is a 2 year old Amstaff/Pit mix. He is neutered and was found a stray. He is very exhuberant and playful. He is very smart, but needs a mature home, preferably without children. It is also expected that he won't do well with other animals. Bixby is $150.00. Bixby was originally transferred from animal control.

Autumn is a 5-month old Amstaff/Pit mix. She is currently scheduled to be spayed. She is very friendly and playful and loves her toys! Autumn was transferred from the pound.

And Last but not Least, Here is Athena. Athena has been at the shelter for quite some time now. I first saw her there around February 2004, and she had already been there for a while. Athena is 2 years old, housebroken and is used to being alone for up to 8 hours a day. She does know how to jump 4 foot fences so she needs supervision while outside. She loves kids and knows how to sit and lie down. She needs to be the only pet in the house. Athena is spayed and has a $175.00 adoption fee. Athena was surrendered because she was not a good match for her family.

Thanks everyone for your time. It just breaks my heart to see these wonderful dogs without love and companionship. If any of you are interested in adopting these wonderful dogs, send me a message for my email. The shelter is located in Hastings, MN.
GSDs FOR ME

Postby Boo439 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:20 pm

Wow! What a group of beautiful doggies. Hope they find homes...
Boo439

Postby whiskeyman » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:40 pm

littlefoot wrote:Sid...that look.. :sad:

Don't you just want to hug him!

jeremy
whiskeyman

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs