Killing Our pets with every meal.....

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby aaronchpmn » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:53 pm

i havent been responding for awhile due to loss of net with the move, but i just wanna say that this article has changed the way the old mother in law sees her dogs diet (obviously the effort i put in never really breaks through) excellent post :thumbsup:
aaronchpmn
Adolescent Bully

Yup

Postby leanmuscle » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:31 pm

Yup!

When we began to do a bit of research, we couldn't believe what we found out. To think all these companies are entrusted with the lives of our pets....its disgusting.

Thats exactly why we started using www.chefk9.com

I know for a fact all of their food is real and fit for human consumption. It may be a bit pricey, but since we have been using it Goldy's health is sooooo much better.

The problem is, the entire world has been brainwashed by the 70-80 years of dog kibble.
leanmuscle

Re: Yup

Postby Wesam » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:17 pm

leanmuscle wrote:Yup!

When we began to do a bit of research, we couldn't believe what we found out. To think all these companies are entrusted with the lives of our pets....its disgusting.

Thats exactly why we started using www.chefk9.com

I know for a fact all of their food is real and fit for human consumption. It may be a bit pricey, but since we have been using it Goldy's health is sooooo much better.

The problem is, the entire world has been brainwashed by the 70-80 years of dog kibble.

I agree about the pricey part lol (HOLY CRAP) but I think its even better than human consumed food hahahah! :thumbsup:
Wesam
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby SuperNova » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:28 pm

WOWZA... Gourmet dog food.. $184/mo ?! Daaaaang
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby EmmasMom » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:20 pm

Okay..I just went to the Canidae website and the ingredients list Chicken Meal...wasn't that one of the things to look out for?
EmmasMom
Addicted to PBF

Postby inuprincess » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:50 pm

And I thought McDonolds was the worse thing anyone can put in their body! O_O
inuprincess
Adolescent Bully

Postby REACTiON » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:39 am

EmmasMom wrote:Okay..I just went to the Canidae website and the ingredients list Chicken Meal...wasn't that one of the things to look out for?

i think chicken by products was the thing you should look out for.

anyways, i'm glad canidae is now available on island... the guy who actually invested in bringing this product to the island will make a lot of money.
REACTiON
Adolescent Bully

Postby 48lawsofpower » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:14 pm

EmmasMom wrote:Okay..I just went to the Canidae website and the ingredients list Chicken Meal...wasn't that one of the things to look out for?

nope chicken meal is good
48lawsofpower

Postby Hoss » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:35 pm

48lawsofpower wrote:

nope chicken meal is good

its real good!
lol.
its not anywhere as good as fresh chickens, but its a good ingreadiant, bone and meat ground up, cooked.
Hoss
***WARNING1***
***WARNING1***

Postby Angels3 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:55 pm

I am not sure if anyone has produced this before but after doing some web sluthing I found the original article from sept of 95 that started this. It is graphic however the article and the backstory about the author ending up in court with oprah are found here

http://www.citypaper.com/about/vansmith.asp :yucky:
Angels3
Adolescent Bully

Postby bassol808 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:31 pm

X-girl wrote:
ickysticky74 wrote:I live in Clay NY which is in Upstate NY and there is nobody around here that sells it so I am out of luck

I'd call them (Canidae, I mean) and ask about stores near you. I have heard that their store locator tool is rather ineffective at times.

Some other foods you may want to look in to: Premium Edge, Natural Balance, California Natural and Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. Even Blue Buffalo (which I think is sold at Petco/Petsmart type stores) is not *awful*.

tried to search for a store that has Canidae but nothing close...in fact the locator says "2 miles" of zip code yet, the stores are on the island of Oahu not Kauai *lol*

I gaddah go find somehthing thats closer
bassol808
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby bassol808 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:38 pm

I think I have to do mail orders *lol*
bassol808
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby bassol808 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:49 pm

maybe I should do the RAW thing.....does this mean making their food at home?? please let me know...give me some starter tips/recipes if so...I think that would be the best thing for me to do
bassol808
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby snoopsnoop » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:50 pm

bassol808 wrote:maybe I should do the RAW thing.....does this mean making their food at home?? please let me know...give me some starter tips/recipes if so...I think that would be the best thing for me to do

if you are interested in feeding RAW check out the BARF 101 thread. Do a search for raw feeding here and on the internet. Do your homework before you decide to switch. Make sure it's something you want to put forth the effort and money to do.
And it's not just about making their food at home. You have to make sure they are getting all the essential vitamins and minerals. If you dont do it right, you can really mess it up.
snoopsnoop
Forum Junky

Postby pavlov » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:23 pm

mtnmansocal wrote:my dog will eat coyote poop so I don't think commercial dog food will hurt 'em.

Just because he will eat anything and everything, does not mean that it is the best for your dog. If you want to maximize the life of your dog and minimize the health problems, you should definitely try to feed him/her better food. I feed Orijen and Innova Evo. They are not ridiculously expensive and www.k9cuisine.com delivers free on orders above $50. These foods are gluten free, grain free and contain only human grade ingredients, the first 5-6 of which are fresh chicken, fresh white fish, salmon, duck, turkey. Check them out, you will not be disappointed.
pavlov
***WARNING2***
***WARNING2***

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues