Oregon dog needs help!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Oregon dog needs help!

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:44 pm

The Linn county dog control is notoriously horrible. Often dogs only have 3 to 5 days before euth... they adopt out unspayed/neuterd dogs... adoption is only $20, and the area is horrible for Pit Bulls.... They count the weekend days that they are not open as part of a dogs time limit... I have heard so many horror stories of people trying to clame a dog on a Saturday and it being euthanized beofre they called them back on Monday ... :sad:

Here is my point :

http://www.co.linn.or.us/DogControl/Impounded.asp

Little 2 yr old Pit Bull girl. I do not know her story ....

I have tried to rehome several Pit Bulls receintly that have come through there....

Thanks for taking a look.
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby bree » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:19 pm

the one that says boxer mix? i do not see the dog...
well i am in eugene. my female doesnt do great with other dogs but i can keep them seperated if a dog needs a temp place.
bree

Postby whiskeyman » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:35 pm

Why on earth would there be an 18 year old dog in a shelter?
Someone can take care oftheir dog for 18 years then give him/her up. That's crazy!
I guess if the owner is ill or deceased but there is no other reason i can think of.

jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby Boo439 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:55 pm

What a poor old man... I hope for his sake his owner either died or got sent to a nursing home that doesn't allow pets.
Boo439

Postby SKoth » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:08 pm

Sometimes it's just cause people don't want to pay for euthanasia & cremation.
SKoth
Bully Ambassador

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:34 pm

No, the dog that I was talking about is not there anymore. :crybaby: Dogs are not held there for long as they are not a humane society but a law enforcement agency.

That old man of a dog was not on there when I posted this info... that is very sad and oh so typical of the area... There is an animal abuser, neglecter, or collector on evey block in that area... I know rescuers that wont even deal with that area since it is too heart breaking.
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Kirstan » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:44 am

The old man in the picture was taken in by Hope's Haven. She is a remarkable woman who operates a Husky/Mal rescue and sr. dog rescue. They have the resources to do rescue like it should be done, live on 60 acres, dogs kept very well, house is immaculate even with all the sr. dogs in there and she has a network that is out of this world. The vet said he thought that the dog had probably been in one place for quite some time. He's been very well received by the clan of sr. dogs sharing the house. He's a sweet boy who will be very well cared for the remainder of his days.

k.
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby Maryellen » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:35 pm

yahh the senior dog was saved!!! they were all great lookng dogs. i wish i won the lottery to build a sanctuary.
Maryellen

Postby bree » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:30 pm

bree

Postby bree » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:31 pm

they say pit heeler mix, he is SOOO handsome i cant believe it
bree

Postby KimberlyGeorge26 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:54 pm

I can help in the Portland MEtro area, next time that happens, let me know. I can foster until you can get the pet, and maybe even adopt if its a female. I can travel, but I have a 4 year old so its hard to do with a dog as well.
KimberlyGeorge26

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs