Killing Our pets with every meal.....

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

I know this is an old subject altogether

Postby Yuugiri » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:12 pm

But I was looking into lowcost but healthy dog food, so I typed "dog food recipes" into my search engine. Among the sites I found was one that talked about the things in the food your dog is eating. Did you know that the euthanasia shot they give to the countless dogs and cats they kill everymonth is not "rendered" or processed out? I don't know what kind of percentage we are looking at here. I really have no idea, but do you really want to feed your dog food that has POISON in it?
Granted the original website I went to was a pitch to sell this guy's book. but I've spent some time researching it. My question to you all, is what do we, as lovers of our pets, and people who care about their health, do about this travesty?
Yuugiri

Postby pblove » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:23 pm

the phenobarbitol/euth med was in the link/ article I posted, so it was not soem bull crap to sell the guy's book. It is a well known fact anymore.
You need to feed either:
raw diet
home cooked diet
or the top quality kibbles
pblove
Addicted to PBF

ok

Postby Yuugiri » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:31 pm

I see the 5 best qualities, someone mentioned to me that I ought to look into Diamond Naturals... is that a good brand?
Yuugiri

Re: ok

Postby snoopsnoop » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:45 am

Yuugiri wrote:I see the 5 best qualities, someone mentioned to me that I ought to look into Diamond Naturals... is that a good brand?

It's an OK food in my book, but there are others who feed it with awesome results. Do a search (at the top of the page) on diamond naturals.
snoopsnoop
Forum Junky

Postby BrowniesMom » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:55 am

Carrie, what do you feed Snoop? He looks so healthy.
BrowniesMom
Adolescent Bully

Postby snoopsnoop » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:02 pm

BrowniesMom wrote:Carrie, what do you feed Snoop? He looks so healthy.

When you saw him he was eating Innova EVO. Even though it hasn't been very long, I've run out of food and decided to see how he would do on Timberwolf. He hasn't been on TW long enough for me to notice anything just yet.

I really like the EVO. It's done a lot of Snoopy. He used to have a bald spot that baffled vets and the EVO made it go away. Like it never existed. But EVO is such high protein I don't think it's a good idea for dogs who aren't really active. Me and Snoops do anywhere from 1/2 hour to an hour of hard work a day. Between fetch, flirtpole and springpole, I have a doggie gym in my backyard. You are more than welcome to bring Brownie by one day to see how he plays with some of the stuff. I don't think Snoopy'd play to well with Brownie but Snoopy can always stay inside while we play outside.
snoopsnoop
Forum Junky

Postby BrowniesMom » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:58 pm

Thanks, I haven't been online for a couple days. But I would like to bring him by and check out your stuff. See if he would like it.
BrowniesMom
Adolescent Bully

Postby snoopsnoop » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:59 am

BrowniesMom wrote:Thanks, I haven't been online for a couple days. But I would like to bring him by and check out your stuff. See if he would like it.

Then if he does, I can help you set something up at your house!
snoopsnoop
Forum Junky

Postby BrowniesMom » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:43 pm

kewl, ley me know your free days. I have school Mon, Tues, Weds, but I am flexible all other days. I won't be working much now, so whenever is good for you. :)
BrowniesMom
Adolescent Bully

Postby snoopsnoop » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:51 pm

BrowniesMom wrote:kewl, ley me know your free days. I have school Mon, Tues, Weds, but I am flexible all other days. I won't be working much now, so whenever is good for you. :)

I'm not working tomorrow or monday and i'm also off wednesday. Not that it makes a big difference, I'm ususally off work by 1pm anyway! lol So what ever works for you!
snoopsnoop
Forum Junky

Postby BrowniesMom » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:59 pm

How about Monday then, either morning or like after 3pm, cause I gotta go with Hubby to the doctor at 1pm
BrowniesMom
Adolescent Bully

Postby bassol808 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:39 am

I cant get a hold of any of those foods on the list...the only way is to have it shipped....for now I started feeding Oreo "Nutro" I know its not the best but its one of the best when youre stuck in the middle of the pacific...

I havent been able to get connected with any butchers yet to start Oreo on raw diet....
bassol808
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby AnthonyandEnzo » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:59 am

enzo is going organic... thanks for this it was enlightening.
AnthonyandEnzo

Postby pit_amor » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:35 pm

WOW! GOOD POST! Great info to think about. I thought the food I was feeding my dogs was a good brand, vet recommended n all. Geez!
I guess I'm going to either make their meals myself or switch to a higher quality brand. I guess you can't trust some brands.
My friend thats a veternarian told me to try nutro which is what my dogs are on. He also has my moms dog on science diet. I'm gonna have to give him a call monday morning.
pit_amor
Newborn Bully

Postby ShadowWolf » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:40 pm

pit_amor wrote:WOW! GOOD POST! Great info to think about. I thought the food I was feeding my dogs was a good brand, vet recommended n all. Geez!
I guess I'm going to either make their meals myself or switch to a higher quality brand. I guess you can't trust some brands.
My friend thats a veternarian told me to try nutro which is what my dogs are on. He also has my moms dog on science diet. I'm gonna have to give him a call monday morning.

Also check out the book called "Foods Pets Die For" - I forget the author's name off the top of my head - excellent read, though a bit dry in some portions, but it has some excellent information pertaining to many unpublished recalls, etc.
ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues