Hi From Newfoundland, Canada

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
pinsent
Adolescent Bully

Hi From Newfoundland, Canada

Postby pinsent » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:59 pm

just trying to find out more info before i get a pit and now lookin for a group thats active a lot incase i need some new info.

I've had ferrets for the past 8yrs, and grew up with dogs, cats, etc, all my life.

i was looking to adopt one, but up here in Canada there isn't a lot of pits around, hardly any adoption centers really. which is really good, but not when you looking for one :)

not much else to say really.
other then we were looking for a female, but im after reading that females are a little moody, and males take to kids more. now that being said it depends on a lot of things but again. just found that in my readings.

thanks[/u]

*leenie*
Addicted to PBF

Postby *leenie* » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:26 pm

im not to sure about your last paragraph being correct, but any ways welcome
and can you please tell us more about yourself??

flovianzon
Forum Junky

Postby flovianzon » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:18 pm

Yes, please tell us more about yourself!

Where in Canada are you? I am pretty sure there are some shelters and/or rescues there.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:29 pm

Welcome!
I would say that both sexes of Pit Bulls love kids equally. My moms dog is a female and she just flips over any and every kid she meets!
Glad to have you on PBF!

stang01
Matured Bully

Postby stang01 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:35 pm

Welcome pitbulls are great

pinsent
Adolescent Bully

Postby pinsent » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:41 pm

not really sure what else to say. Im from Newfoundland originally, grew up with animals all my life, like i said, we had ferrets for the past 8 yrs. we lost our last one about a month ago.
But we have been looking for a pit for about the last 4-6months so its not a jump on the wagon kinda thing.
Although boy oh boy does the house feel empty when i come home now. I'm going to be a wreck when i have kids and they move out :)

Im 29, my wife is 28. Both love animals, although i love them more.
We/ the bank owns our own home, so not an apt. little bit of land, nothing huge but not bad.

The closest shelter that has a pit is in the USA. I did a lot of looking around. there are some rescues here but even the spca here in NF, only have about 4 dogs, begal paws i think have a few. but only begals.
there was one sort of close but its not near an airport and to drive there would be very long including the ferry to the mainland would be about 17+hrs, and thats with only stopping for gas. 1 way :) isnt' NF great :S

thanks for the welcome.

nsbullylover
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby nsbullylover » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:55 pm

Welcome to PBF! I'm from Nova Scotia, and I know of a couple pit bulls available here (there are always a few here, but nothing like Upper Canada or the US), but I don't know of any in NFLD. I'll keep an eye out for you, though.

cbow
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby cbow » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:11 pm

:) Welcome.

spammie

Postby spammie » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:57 am

:welcome: Glad to have you with us. There is tons of info here...glad to see you're doing research on the breed prior to adopting. :thumbsup:

hwillm1977
Addicted to PBF

Postby hwillm1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:13 am

Welcome... I sent you a PM with some info for rescues that I've worked with that I know will ship a dog to NFLD. Good luck in your search! I went through about 9 different rescues before I chose the one we went with, some in the states and some Canada. There are tons of puppies that need out of Ontario, so that is a great place to look.

coweatchicken

Postby coweatchicken » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:41 am

Maybe what you read about the differences in the genders was a bit misleading, but females of any animal tend to be protective of their babies. I've been around a lot of female dogs and cats that love kids but a handful of them were wary and sometimes aggressive when the children messed with their babies. Any pit bull that shows human aggression of any kind isn't a good dog, but I can understand what you might mean. Just have your baby fixed, regardless of gender, and s/he'll be a lifetime companion! Good luck with your search and welcome to the forum!

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:39 pm

ssontag
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby ssontag » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:31 pm

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find a lot of great info here while doing your research. If you have any questions, just ask. Everyone here is always willing to help. :)

kazuo
Site Admin

Postby kazuo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:41 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”