There must be a home for this pup out there somewhere . . .

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

There must be a home for this pup out there somewhere . . .

Postby BabyReba » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:20 am

This is Rookie, located in Maryland. He was brought to the vet hospital where a friend of mine works because he was a stray and the folks who found him didn't want to bring him to the local AC because they euth pit bulls.

For some reason, she isn't having a lot of luck finding applicants for him . . . he's been at the vet hospital, kenneled, since he was 8 weeks. Now he's 3 to 4 months. She says this about him:

Rookie is about 8-9 weeks old (10/22/04). He was found as a stray and taken to the police department. They didn't want to send him to Animal Control for fear that this cuite pie wouldn't make it out and to a responsible home. I know its not the best picture but this little ball of fire wouldn't sit still long enough for a good picture! He is so cute with a white body and black brindle patches over each eye. He loves to give kisses and follow you around from room to room! He is a great snuggle bug! He is working on housebreaking but being so young it will take some time, he is crate trained! He is good with other dogs and very curious about cats. I would prefer a home where he is either the only pet or in a home with another female dog, no exceptions! He has had his first set of vaccines and will be neutered prior to adoption. Adoption application, Home Visit, and adoption contract and fee applies. Must be at least 25 to adopt and live in the MD/VA/DE/PA/NJ area. For more information on Rookie, please e-mail Jayme at JNR57@aol.com . Serious inquires only please

Again, that's jnr57@aol.com if you're interested in getting more info on Rookie.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Maryellen » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:20 pm

OMG what a cutie!!! he is tooo cute!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Maryellen

Postby KimberlyGeorge26 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:57 pm

I want him... :inlove: Too bad I am in ORegon, any chance we could get him here>
KimberlyGeorge26

Postby Benjamin789 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:59 am

That is one handsome little dude. :)
Benjamin789

Postby BabyReba » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:24 am

And I know have 3 applications to review for him this weekend, two of which actually look pretty damn good!
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Benjamin789 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:58 am

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap :hi
Benjamin789

Postby PitBullPride » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:27 pm

he is so cute! :inlove:
PitBullPride

Postby BabyReba » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:27 pm

I'm so excited! One of the two applicants I interviewed today is a fellow rescue volunteer with an all breed rescue near here, and his (and his wife's) references were GREAT!

Now we need to do the home visit and see what the house is like. Keep your fingers crossed that Rookie will have a home in the next week or two!
BabyReba
Regulator

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs