apolo needs a home(central pa)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

apolo needs a home(central pa)

Postby honkeymagoo » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:32 am

a friend of mine had to move on short notice and now he has to find a new home for apolo :sad: :sad: . apolo is 1 year old and is great with kids. if anyone can give him a good home pls call 717.329.8052.
honkeymagoo

Postby Spurby » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:52 am

Where is your friend moving? Why can't he take his dog with him?

He is gorgeous btw, i hope something can be worked out, but i hope your friend realizes the huge number of homeless pit bulls just like Apolo already sitting in shelters today :sad:
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby deuce69 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:38 am

send him to florida with me 8)
deuce69
Newborn Bully

Postby Dsmman » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:39 am

Man, I wish my wife would let me have a 4th Pitty. :)) He is beautiful.

I never understood, I'm moving and can't take my dogs with me. Sorry, but there is NO WAY I'd ever give up my dogs.
Last edited by Dsmman on Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dsmman

Postby deuce69 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:40 am

one question though, is he still "in tact"?
deuce69
Newborn Bully

Postby Maryellen » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:17 pm

yes he looks it, if you look at the pic of him sitting you can see his testicles a little bit i think.
Maryellen

Postby K » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:54 pm

Amazing..yet another 'moving, cant take dog' scenario...I managed to move to rented accomodation with 5 dogs and then BUY a house to adopt another dog...it took me over 50 rejections in 3 different languages to find a rental to take my dogs but I did it...If I would not of found one I would not of moved...Hubby would of commuted between countrys to work....GEEZE! :po:
K

Postby aaron kahn » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:38 pm

stupid reason to give up a dog- but Apollos IS good-looking. Dunno what he is like, personality wise. I'm guessing the person who didn't think ahead when getting this dog has probably not done much socializing and training.

Luna came to us from the same situation, and we thank that guy (whatever his name was) every day! I still can't picture how he could bring her to our front porch, with kennel, leash, and ball- and turn and walk away...

She did need training and manners, but is a great dog!

Good luck, check the rescue groups- if they have any time/space they *may* help, though many can't/won't take on owner surrender dogs.
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby Dsmman » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:07 pm

Yeah, I don't understand that. but, man I'd love to take him home. :inlove:
Dsmman

Postby Dsmman » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:05 pm

Any idea if he is dog agressive?
Dsmman

Postby PitBullPride » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:46 pm

Is he good with other dogs? Hows his temperment? Can he come to FL? :inlove:
PitBullPride

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:31 pm

My best suggestion would be to contact a local PIT BULL rescue (not an all-breed if a Pit Bull rescue is available, as they will have the experience needed to properly screen applicants for this spicific breed, and also know exactly what to look for in potentially adoptable dogs).

Let the rescue know that he will be neutered at the current owner's expense, and will be upto date on vaccinations, flea, mite, and worm treated, and any other medical treatment taken care of. Rescues often suffer most in need of the money to cover these routine things taht are the owner's responsibility. If the current owner will provide the dog with these services, it will help the rescue be able to assist without draining their resourses.

Having him neutered is VERY important before he is rehomed. He will be bred otherwise, and that will in turn add to the homeless Pit Bull problem. (And it is a HUGE problem. Please do a search on www.petfinder.com and www.pbrc.net just to you a small idea of the numbers in need...)

He is a very beautiful dog. That puts him at great risk for falling into the WRONG hands... and him being unneutered increases those chances.

If you are unable to find a Pit Bull rescue that is capable of finding foster space for him, ask that rescue for a copy of their application and contracts, and for some suggestions on how to determine if someone interested is a good home. I am sure that the rescue would be more than happy to offer up their experiences to assist.

Obviously, the best outcome is if the current owners can alter their life in such a way that they can keep him with them (and have him neutered). That would be the best-case scenario for all involved....

:sad:
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Dsmman » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:45 am

Any updates? I'd love to take him home. :inlove:
Dsmman

Postby Dsmman » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:48 pm

Still no updates? :sad:
Dsmman

Postby honkeymagoo » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:49 am

i got a phone call today and was told he found some one that wanted him. so hopefully thngs will work out and apolo wont have to go through this again.
honkeymagoo

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs