Like to eat poo poo??

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Like to eat poo poo??

Postby LeeLoo » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:14 am

My lil guy has some weird deal with eatting his poop and I dont understand it.....He isnt punished for going, so y does he feel the need to eat it up?? anyone have any suggestions on how I can remedy this, and will it make him sick, he checked out OK at vet but he sure does sleep ALOT....
LeeLoo

Postby barbponys » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:22 pm

Leelo,
Is that the pic of your little guy?? He appears to be very young, they sleep all the time as a pup. They will be playing and fall over asleep.
Firs question is what do you feed. Most of the time that's a low grade food problem. If you are feeding good food, Wellness, Timberwolf, Nature's Variety etc. try pineapple. They like the taste and it makes the stools taste bad. You can use it as a treat or add to his food. A tablespoon of crushed pineapple twice a day should do the trick. Good luck.

Pat
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby LeeLoo » Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:06 pm

the lil pic is of my girl, shes about 4 1/2 mo now but its my 3 1/3 mo old guy that eats his poo. I feed them purina puppy w/ all the vegtables n whatnot...think I should change food?
LeeLoo

Postby barbponys » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:38 pm

Leeloo,
Sorry for taking so long to get back. She's adorable!!
Yes, change the food. Purina products across the board are a waste of money. Grocery store for that matter should be avoided. That includes Iams, don't feed it. Eukanuba is made by Iams and should be avoided as well, they charge an arm and a leg for crap! Find a retailer that sells better quality foods, pet supply stores a lot of times will have a better higher quality selection. It will cost more, quite a bit more, but they will eat far less and do much better on it.
I would still do the pineapple though, feed it to both of them, it should help.

Pat
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby barbponys » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:49 pm

Leeloo,
I didn't see where you are located till after I had submitted. There's a food called Nature's Variety, Prarie. It's available in San Antonio here:

BARBARA'S CANINE CLIPS & BOWS, McCullough, San Antonio, TX  78212, 210-826-5742 5259  
LOCKE HILL FEED, 4927 Golden Quail,San Antonio, TX  78240, 210-691-2351 
PALM GARDEN, San Antonio, TX, 210-744-9875

And Wellness brand foods is available at these shops:

Alamo aquatics
Locke hill feed
perfect pets
Pet works
Awana pets
Cute cuts pet grooming
My buddy grooming shop and supplies.

There's a chance they may carry some other kinds but those are the two I could find that I highly recommend. Good luck.

Pat
barbponys
Health Guru

Return to Health Issues