Product Reviews

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
GSDBulldog
Addicted to PBF

Postby GSDBulldog » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:39 pm

Is Loki one of those rare lime pit bulls? lol

mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Postby mommy2kane » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:18 pm

I have to rave about Ella's Leads. I just received one today and it is wonderful! I believe the one I got is the rappel rope (very heavy duty). I can tell how strong it is when we're walking, but at the same time, it's SO soft on my hands! I can't say enough good things about it.

The hardware is also great. My lead has the thumb-release bullsnap and it is really heavy duty, which is what I need with my male. Great work overall. A+++!

SavedbyGrace
Newborn Bully

Postby SavedbyGrace » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:58 pm

I didnt see it on there, but I found this site from somebody who posted it in one of the forums. (Jeffers.com) is great, havent had one problem, very very good prices[/url][/b]

chimblysweep
Newborn Bully

Postby chimblysweep » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:25 am

thanks to the folks that suggested Boomerang Tags! I ordered from them and got the tag three days later. And for $1.49 more we had the back printed too...

chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby chewbecca » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:31 am

I think our next tag is going to say something similar on the back!
We love boomerang tags. I get the plastic ones for now.
I'm not quite sure what else I would put on there.

Someone made a good suggestion once to put something about having a heart condition and needing heart medication. That way if someone was intent on stealing the dog, they'd be dissuaded a little, possibly, by that engraving on the tag.

L Boogie
Bully Ambassador

Postby L Boogie » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:25 am

I just ordered from boomerang tags...I got the 'people' military style tag, with both sides engraved...I fit the pet's name, my cell, hubby's cell, our physical address, vet's number, "If I'm alone, I'm lost", "Spayed/Microchipped" and "Needs Meds!"...I've never seen a pet tag hold so much info, it's pretty impressive. It was a bit pricey at $10 a tag, but that includes First Class shipping...

Now I just have to find some silencers for the tags that match the doggies' new Collarmania collars...I can't wait for those to get here!!! :))

Papa of Capone
Newborn Bully

Postby Papa of Capone » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:01 pm

Does anybody have information/review on
http://www.dog-training.com

lpyrbby
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby lpyrbby » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:19 pm

Papa of Capone wrote:Does anybody have information/review on
http://www.dog-training.com

Hmm...based out of SC...I've never heard of them before.

PitFriend
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitFriend » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:58 am

I hope this is the right place to put this. I've mentioned it in another post, but wanted to say again how much my girls LOVE Wet Noses Dog Treats.

So far we've tried the Pumpkin and the Apple Thyme, and the dogs think they're just the best treats ever. They smell so natural and wonderful (both flavors have a sort of sweet/spicy aroma, much like pumpkin or apple pie :mmm: ), and they have no corn, soy or wheat in them which is great for my sensitive Riley. They are super crunchy, which I kind of worried about at first for my oldest girl Rosie... she's 14 1/2 and has refused dry kibble and some hard treats for years, and I was sure she would not want to bite into these things, but she does just fine and never passes one up.

I like that there are options for ordering in bulk, which I didn't do this last time, but will in the future. You can get a big bucket with all of the different flavors mixed together. Saves money on shipping and with 4 dogs we go through treats pretty quickly. lol The only somewhat negative thing I noticed was that it took a long time to get my order. It took 6 days just to process, and then another 7 days to actually get to me. But given the quality of the treats, that's not a deal breaker for me. Anyway, I think my search for the perfect treat is successfully over. Try em!

SanRevo
Newborn Bully

Postby SanRevo » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:22 am

concreterose wrote:
moto1320 wrote:Blackjacks Leather: www.blackjacksleather.com

Products ended up taking about two weeks to get in. Twice as long as promised. Felt a little jerked around but Joe was cool about calling me and explaining that some personal setbacks had tied up the works. Got collar in and it was some of the best leatherwork I had seen. Very impressed with the quality and the fit couldn't have been more perfect if the dog had been there. It will probably outlast my dog. Credit card charge included the overnight shipping that was supposed to be picked up by them for lagging on my order, which drove the price up to unreasonable for a collar. Irritated over some of this but will definately use them again. Pricing was very fair for what I got (shipping issue not included in this statement). Heavy duty stuff.

Couldn't agree with you more. It took a month for me to get my collar, and that was after I called him twice to ask him what was taking so long. He was very apologetic and said he would send it out the beginning of the next week. After another week passed, I called again and he said it had been shipped. When I told him I hadn't recieved it, he put me on hold; when he came back he said it was sitting right there :roll:
He had sent out the wrong package! Well, I finally got it three days later. It's an awesome collar, will probably last her lifetime, but it took a lifetime for it to get here!

Blackjacks is the first place I bought my collar and weightpull harness from. I agree with the your posts, he takes way to long and what he promises, never trust. At first i thought his stuff was great at the time, but it was my first collar. There are many more honest and better collar makers out there besides myself that will get your product to you as promised. http://www.myspace.com/sanrevocollars also check out http://www.pacocollars.com

2fatcatsandapitbull
Adolescent Bully

inexpensive crates (and bird cages too)

Postby 2fatcatsandapitbull » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:05 pm

I have purchased several crates through this company www.valuecrate.com

all of them are still in use and we have had no complaints (2 for my dogs, the others by friends)

the prices are fantastic and if you live locally in nj, you can pick them up and save shipping fees. he is located right off the gsp in North Jersey.

i don't have birds so i cannot comment on the bird cages though they do look reasonably priced

BlackxxDog
Newborn Bully

Postby BlackxxDog » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:48 pm

I reccomend www.dogtownco.com

stay true

Postby stay true » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:37 pm

It's so funny, because everything that they deem "GUARANTEED INDESTRUCTABLE!" goes in like 2 minutes! My dog is a chewer of epic proportions, and I found a few things to last. One, if your dog really has an attachment to a specific toy they MAY take longer with it to preserve it. I tried out Chubby Buddie's chew toys, they are pretty much a round stuffed animal with a ball inside, so it's not just a ball, it's furry too! It took a few weeks for my dog to get at it, and for $7 it's pretty cheap! Well, to me that is. See, I work on the north shore of Long Island and it does contain some very yuppie people to say the least. I mean, we sell Baker blankets, and some of our coats get up to over $100 dollars. I also find West Paw toys awesome. The stuffed toys are DESTRUCTABLE and EXPENSIVE, but they are 100% made in the U.S! They also make durable toys, and just came out with a really cool toy called a HURLEY, which is a stick-like toy that floats and bounces. b]AKC[/b] wildlife toys are nice too.

I don't deal with customer service on the basis as everyone else does, since I manage a store sometimes I think the people are actually NICER to me because they know if they aren't they can lose a lot more business than just one customer, you know?

stay true

Postby stay true » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:39 pm

Oh and also one other toy that my dog has NOT destroyed yet. Loopies rope toys. She has had it since she was a puppy and she has yet to destroy it. I highly recommend it!

amandasheets214
Newborn Bully

Postby amandasheets214 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:53 am

Cold Nose Warm Heart - dog tags
http://store.coldnosewarmheart.com/c/Tags.html
All my dogs have these tags. They are so cool because of the different colors & graphics, & I get them to match each of their collars. And they are really thick and durable. The ONE downside if you like lots of info on your tag is it really only has room for their name and a phone number, possibly one more line. But that doesn't bother me. I love these tags! And they ship FAST!

PetEdge
http://www.petedge.com/
Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. I do love the fast shipping and the discount prices. My one beef is that after looking at their catalog and you go online, they are out of practically 75% of it. This really annoys me. I guess they are just too popular to keep everyhting in stock ...

Nylabone Big Chews
http://www.nylabone.com/products/non-edible/big-chews/
I've only tried the Gallileo/Dino bone because I buy these at the store and usually that's all they had. But I am sure the whole line is great. I love Nylabones; they keep my dogs out of trouble.

West Paw Designs - Zogoflex toys: Huck (ball), Hurley (bone), Zisc (frisbee), Tux (treat toy)
http://www.westpawdesign.com/catalog/dog-toys/cat_guaranteed-tough-zogoflex-.html
I tell everyone I know with tough chewers about this line of products. Some people say their dogs can destroy these toys, but my two pit bulls can't. If I let them chew on the Huck & Hurley for a long time, they might get an itty piece out of it but that's it. They're guaranteed anyway, so if they do mess them up, I can send them back for a new one. Lets put it this way: my husband ran over the Huck in the yard with the riding lawn moxer and it barely did any damage! Daisy has had her West Paw toys for two years and now is sharing them with Ninja, and they're all still going strong! The new Tux is a great quick-stuff toy that is good if you need to distract your dog fast because it isn't so deep and you can stuff some treats in their in a jiffy. MY FAVORITE TOYS!

Everyone knows & loves Kong, but here is my favorite non-Kong treat toy:
Busy Budy Squirell Dude
http://www.premier.com/View.aspx?page=dogs/products/behavior/busybuddy/squirreldude/description
The prongs make this a really difficult toy to get food out of (and also to stuff) - I had to cut off two of the prongs with scissors. But it is just as fun as the Kong, but with a cute Squirell shape. My dogs haven't even taken any pieces out of this, and although they haven't destroyed Kong products, they do pull pieces off now and again. It may be stronger than a Kong, but that is up for debate, I'm sure others will prove me wrong!

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”