Help my new Pitbull puppy has dedomdex mange

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby VOLTIO » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:13 pm

Wow,

Chilliwack was right it got WORSE :sad: , I got him Innova and he Loves it. I am putting cream on him every days, but he got it on most of his body and ALOT on his head has broken out.
VOLTIO

Postby HugABull1 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:41 pm

Did your vet do a scraping at all? If it's all over his body now and scabby, you may want to take him back to the vet (a different vet maybe). It's probably not sarcoptic mange, or you most likely would've got it by now :tongue: but there are other things that can cause yicky itchy skin aside from demodex, including allergies. You also want to watch he doesn't get a secondary infection...how bad is it? If it's fairly severe, it may be worth your while to put him on ivermectin (through the vet).

good luck, hope your pup feels better soon
HugABull1
www.HugABull.com

Postby VOLTIO » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:57 am

Yes they did a scraping and said it was Demodex mange. Its all over his head and his eyes are inflamed, it's sad for the pup....
VOLTIO

Postby VOLTIO » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:17 pm

well i ordered Ivermectin and Nustock cream. Man their service is aweosme i got the stuff in 2 days. I put some on him already and will see how it turns out. Have any of you guys tried this stuff. The webiste has some unbelievable results and i hope its true. The Ivermectin is my LAST resort now.

Thnaks for all the replies everyone. I appreciate it.

Regards,
Luis
VOLTIO

Postby moto1320 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:28 pm

Some of the vet folks here could expand on this. Be careful with the Ivermectin. Had I the medical education I could repeat my vets explination, but used too much or too long can make things worse-though it is used as a typical cure. Apparently, many vets prescribe it incorrectly. Since she is a bully lover, she has had a little more experience with them in particularly. Your vet should be monitoring and controling the doseages. Next time I talk to her I'll get the run down again.
Good Luck.
moto1320
Regulator

Previous

Return to Health Issues