apolo needs a home(central pa)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby aaron kahn » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:06 pm

thanks for letting us know.
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby Maryellen » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:43 pm

hey dsmann what about the deaf pit here in NJ? he is quite handsome.
Maryellen

Postby Dsmman » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:06 pm

Yeah, he is very nice. I'm trying to convince my wife. It's kind of hard, when you already have 3 Pits. I don't think she's ready just yet. But, I'll keep working on her. :thumbsup: :))
Dsmman

Postby Maryellen » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:20 pm

buy her some thing really nice. spoil her rotten. etc.
Maryellen

Postby Dsmman » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:37 pm

Maryellen wrote:buy her some thing really nice. spoil her rotten. etc.

Hmmm, that might work. :))

Three dogs already is a lot to her. I don't want to overwhelm her with four. So, when she is ready we'll adopt another one. :thumbsup: I just wish she would hurry up and be ready to adopt. There is a beautiful 25 pound female with a brown and blue eye in our local shelter. She has mange and is underweight. But is beautiful.
Dsmman

Postby Maryellen » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:43 pm

we should switch partners. my hubby gets frazzled with 3 of our own and a foster. me, i could have our 3 plus 2 fosters. roflmao roflmao to me the more the merrier
Maryellen

Postby Dsmman » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:44 pm

Here she is.....

I'm in love. :inlove: :inlove:

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action ... mpl=&stat=

i just wish my wife would even go meet the dog. :sad:
Last edited by Dsmman on Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dsmman

Postby Dsmman » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:45 pm

Maryellen wrote: to me the more the merrier

Same here. :thumbsup:
Dsmman

Postby Maryellen » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:51 pm

OH SHE IS ADORABLE.!!!!
Maryellen

Postby Dsmman » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:02 pm

Maryellen wrote:OH SHE IS ADORABLE.!!!!

I know. That's why I'm upset, I'm not allowed to have her. :sad: Hopefully she will get a good home. :sad:
Dsmman

Postby Maryellen » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:17 pm

what about fostering her for the shelter???? this way wifey gets to see her and fall for her.
Maryellen

Postby Dsmman » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:46 pm

I suggested that. Since I would like to get involved with my local shelter anyway. But, she doesn't want another dog now. :crybaby: :sad: She wants to wait until we buy another house. We have a 3 beed room rancher now. She thinks it not enough room. Wich isn't the case, since the shelter pup is only 25 pounds, we have a huge 6foot fenced in yard and the dogs have thier own seperate rooms. She's just stubborn I guess. :po:
Dsmman

Postby Dsmman » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:55 pm

BTW- the dog is in foster care. I found that out when I called for her earlier in the week.

I think the biggest problem is the last Pit Bull we adopted, Gunther. He's my avitar right now. I had a friend that worked at a shelter that told me about this beautiful boy. He was one week away from being destroyed. So we went down to the shelter ASAP. We met Gunther and fell in love right away. Took him home and found out why no one wanted to adopt him. He is the most strung out wired Pit I've ever seen. So much damn energy, not trained and just an all around terror. To be honest, it was a struggle to keep him. But, we comitted ourselves not to let him die in a shelter.

Anyway, after a year and lot's of professional training, he is apart of the family. Still a little crazy. Hence the name: Crazy Gunther!!! I think that's the root of everything. She doesn't want another dog that's almost legally insane. Me, I'm willing to do whatever it takes, training, money whatever.

Sorry for the rant, I should have probably PMed this to you. 8)
Dsmman

Postby Maryellen » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:46 pm

ah so she is gun shy!! thats understandable. she doesnt want 2 lunatics in the house. well, it will just take some time. i have a 3 bedroom house too, its not that big, but we do ok with it. my tv room is my computer and dog crates here, its more like my rescue pad then anything. i have a small fenced in yard, yours looks alot bigger than my fenced in yard, i would love to fence all my property in but thats 3 acres and megga bucks!! give her time, she will turn around.
Maryellen

Postby Dsmman » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:16 pm

I hope so. Thanks

BTW- I'm trying to trick her into going to the shelter on Sunday. :thumbsup: :))
Dsmman

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs