Official SBT update

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Official SBT update

Postby pocketpit » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:38 pm

I've posted pictures in the gallery section, but I thought I'd give a long winded updated on how the new kids are doing for those who have followed their trip here.
It hasn't been a week yet so things are still a little rocky but they are beginning to settle in and allow their personalities to show through a bit. I couldn't deal with their names (I tried, really!) so we've shortened Juliet to Julie and Romeo has been dubbed Cedric (after Rumpley's dog since she played an important role in their arrival here).
True SBT's, they are very smart and have picked up on a few things quickly. Right off the bat it was made very clear that aggressive outburst towards the other dogs WILL NOT be tolerated! They are now very quiet when crated and the other dogs are loose and no longer dash towards the other dogs trying to start crap through crates or bedroom doors. We're taking the slow introduction thing to the extreme and they are not even outdoors on the other side of a fence with the other dogs. Julie likes our other foster pup and is very good with him. She's been introduced to Dice and as long as each dog just briefly sniffs or minds thier own buisness everyone seems to be okay. I don't really plan on them being together very often but it's a start to them being able to be next door to one another outside without fence fighting. Cedric has been introduced to Brooks and they got on along well and he got on well with a puppy one of my co-workers had though he was a bit rude. He has to be walked on a prong right now to prevent him from acting like an idiot in public and choking himself in the process. He does remarkably well on it. Julie is more of a lady and walks much nicer with a regular collar.
Julie was coming into heat so she was spayed yesterday. Guess what? When she was turned over and we began to prep her we discovered a big abdominal scar. She's had multiple c-sections! :po: :wallbang:
She also had an incisor and broken pre molar removed. So between her spay and her tooth she's miserable and been recouping on the couch for the last 24hrs. It's been very hard on her :sad:
Both were very overweight when they arrived but Julie has already lost 4 lbs and Cedric has lost a couple as well. Their skin is clearing up nicely too.
Both are big cuddlebugs although Cedric's testicles often keep him more interested in sniffing and wandering around than paying attention to people. I can't wait to get him neutered! Julie is very quiet but slowly coming out of her shell and becoming more outgoing with people.
They thank everyone involved for their help and well wishes from everyone else :))
pocketpit

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:32 pm

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thank you so much for taking them in... :))
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Spurby » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:53 pm

Great update, sounds like you have your hands full with these 2. Sorry to hear that she was bred so many times, poor girl. I guess she was of no use anymore to her previous owner :po: Thanks again for taking them in :bowdown:
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby pocketpit » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:05 pm

Breeding her was bad enough (she's undershot and so not show quality) but to know that she had not one but muplitple c-sections is what gets my blood boiling! Ihope her brother is not the father!! :roll:
pocketpit

Postby Spurby » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:19 pm

I know, i pray that they didn't breed her to her brother, but i wouldn't doubt it :twisted: Why would they do C-sections?? I thought they only had to do that with breeds like the English bull terrier? i am guessing it is because she couldn't deliver them on her own, is that why? And to do it over and over again, just sick, poor girl, she is finally safe now, thank you.
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Rumpley » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:23 am

Glad to hear that Cedric's namesake is living up to the legend lol Ced would be so proud to know the male is an obnoxious, rude boy just like him!!

I'm sure they're like two peas in a pod really...maybe separated at birth l :tongue: I noticed in the first picture you posted, he's even still wearing Ced's old collar - the red one - it must be a sign :twisted:

I've never had a dog named after me, or more appropriately my dog -way cool Pocket.

Oh, and how fitting the female is nice and he's a handful too - the similarities are scaring me :))
Rumpley
Bully Ambassador

Postby pocketpit » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:17 am

I'm sure they're like two peas in a pod really...maybe separated at birth l I noticed in the first picture you posted, he's even still wearing Ced's old collar - the red one - it must be a sign

So THAT'S why I got to take the nice collar! lol
Your evil plan worked! Just remember, paybacks are a bitch :twisted:
pocketpit

Postby K » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:04 am

Its nice to hear an update on them both....
K

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs