Urgently need a quality home for "BULL"Portland OR

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Urgently need a quality home for "BULL"Portland OR

Postby myavo » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:05 pm

I must find a home for my son's pitbull.
His name is "Bull" and my boy's had him since he was a small puppy. He's neutered and has a great disposition. He's never been fought or taught to be aggressive..however, there may be issues with other pets, dominance in respect to those other pets. I don't know for sure.
He's a good boy - 6 years old - who needs a loving environment and hopefully some room to be a dog. He loves to run and do all of those things that dogs enjoy so an apartment would probably not be the ideal situation.
I can't keep this dog as I have a Mini Doxie and a Boston Terrier.
Help Bull..Please..
I'll try and get some photos if you're interested.
Last edited by myavo on Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
myavo

Bull is in Portland Oregon!

Postby myavo » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:07 pm

Bull is in Portland..
myavo

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:20 pm

Is there any way that your son can alter his lifestyle so he can keep Bull? There is such a huge problem with Pit Bull over population right now, and here in Oregon (where I am as well) The shelters are full and are forced to euthanize for space.

Are you or your son able to keep Bull while rescue networks list him and try to find him a home? This will give Bull the benifit of having screened and approved adoption interests... But most rescues are completely full, or over full :sad:

Thank you so much for having him neutered already. He will not be adding to the over-population problem, or experience the medical or behavioral issues common with unneutered males. Thank you SO much! :thumbsup:

Please do post pictures as soon as you are able. i will keep my eyes and ears open for foster space or a good home.

Welcome to the forum!
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby aaron kahn » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:34 pm

welcome, and what Steph said!
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby myavo » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:32 pm

Why would you assume that his "lifestyle" is the reason for this situation. Let us not jump to any conclusions here. He's headed for Iraq to fight for the Bush Crime Family's oil and can't take the dog with him. George, Donald, Dick and the gang aren't very accomodating in situations like this. All I want is a good home for the dog. Geez.
myavo

Postby violet » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:55 pm

I don't think anyone was trying to jump to conclusions. You didn't say why he had to give the dog up, only that he was giving the dog up. Unfortunately, Steph deals first hand with so many dogs that "had to be given up". They are very hard to place. The dominance with other dogs is unfortunately typical of bully breeds. How long can you hang on to this boy? And how soon do we get to see his beautiful face? Please do not take offense. Those of us who do rescue will be happy to try and help but there are just so many pups in need of homes.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:10 pm

All I want is a good home for the dog. Geez.

So break out the pictures, already!!! Geez... ;)
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby myavo » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:46 pm

I'm trying to get the pics together and as soon as I do..I'll post 'em. I appreciate your response to my rant and appreciate what you guys do. Thanks!
myavo

Postby Kelliek » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:14 am

that totally bites! your son has to go off to war and won't even have his wonderful dog to come home too - i really feel for him. i thought i saw on the news somewhere that there was an organization that was developed to help soldiers deal with their pets while they are gone - the org either helps rehome animals or finds long term fosters so the military people can have their pets back when they return - has anybody else heard of this?

hang in there - there are workable solutions that you can do for the short term until a new home can be found.
Kelliek

Postby K » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:21 am

I remember some sort of post about homes and foster homes for military pets too...I will look...

Found it!

http://www.netpets.org/netp/foster.php
K

Postby Kelliek » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:28 am

Found it! this website describes how they have a foster program for military called up for duty.

http://www.netpets.org/mpfosterpress.html
Kelliek

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs