Found a NEW Food

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Pit_friendly
Matured Bully

Found a NEW Food

Postby Pit_friendly » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:06 am

Have any of you ever heard of this food:

Taste of the Wild - Wetslands Canine formula

with Roasted Wild Fowl
For All Life Stages
Grain-Free
Roasted Quail, Roasted Duck and Smoked Turkey
Optimal Amino Acid
Antioxidants
Omega Fatty Acid Blend
Digestive Support System
Sweet Potatoes
Berry Blend
Tomatoes & Tomato Pomace
No Corn-No Soy-No ByProducts
Chelated Minerals

A grain-free formula for all life stages with sweet potatoes and peas provides highly digestible energy for your active dog. Made with real roasted and smoked fowl, this formula offers a taste sensation like no other. Supplemented with fruits and vegetables, this hearty formula delivers natural antioxidants to protect your friend's body from the damage of everyday living, supporting a healthy immune system and overall good health. Your dog craves a taste of the wild. Go ahead and give him one.

Ingredients
Duck, duck meal, chicken meal, egg product, sweet potatoes, peas, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, potatoes, roasted quail, roasted duck, smoked turkey, natural flavor, tomato pomace, ocean fish meal, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Saccharomyces cerevesiae fermentation solubles, dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Guaranteed Analysis
Omega-3 Fatty Acids * 0.4% Minimum
Crude Protein 32.0% Minimum
Crude Fat 18.0% Minimum
Crude Fiber 4.0% Maximum
Moisture 10.0% Maximum
Zinc 150 mg/kg Minimum
Selenium 0.4 mg/kg Minimum
Vitamin E 150 IU/kg Minimum
Omega-6 Fatty Acids * 2.4% Minimum

* Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profile.

Calorie Content: 3,750 kcal/kg (375 kcal/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy.

AAFCO Statement
Taste of the Wetlands Canine Formula is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.

http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/

RescueAPBT
Matured Bully

Postby RescueAPBT » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:39 am

I've got Isabeau on Taste of The Wild. I orginially had her on Wetlands, but she seemed to lose interest, so I switched her to the High Prarie and she absolutely loooves it. I researched foods for a while, and I really think TOTW is a great choice. :thumbsup:

Pit_friendly
Matured Bully

Postby Pit_friendly » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:45 am

RescueAPBT wrote:I've got Isabeau on Taste of The Wild. I orginially had her on Wetlands, but she seemed to lose interest, so I switched her to the High Prarie and she absolutely loooves it. I researched foods for a while, and I really think TOTW is a great choice. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that! :) We seem to like it so far. *fingers crossed*

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Teflon Don » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:53 am

Hey You!

Quick questions:

Where are you getting this?

How much are you paying?

Pit_friendly
Matured Bully

Postby Pit_friendly » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:23 am

The Teflon Don wrote:Hey You!

Quick questions:

Where are you getting this?

How much are you paying?

Hey You! lol

Marshall Tractor Supply. But if you visit their site and click on locate dealer, there are 2 in Winchester.

(((((HUGS))))) to you guys and *****Kisses***** to Magnus

mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Postby mtlu » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:32 am

I've been feeding my dog the Pacific Stream formula for over 6 months now and she has done really really well on it. Right now we are using the Wetlands formula because BF grabbed the wrong bag the other week at the pet store. She had zero gas on the Pacific Stream formula but on the Wetlands, the gas has returned so I've been adding a little plain yogurt with every meal.

Prices in my area range from $38 - $46 per 30lb bag. Previously, I had her on Canidae (before their formula change) and I feed a lesser amount of the TOTW so I think the higher cost of it is evened out by feeding less.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:08 pm

I've heard nothing but great things about this food. I plan on switching the dogs to this food very soon.

eoneel
Newborn Bully

Postby eoneel » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:43 pm

I have been trying Tast of the Wild as well. I'm still transitioning from Merrick. One thing the guy at the food shop told me when I was grabbing a bag of TOTW was that he was not sure if it was made with human grade ingreideints, but Merrick was. He said somthing about dog foods not being able to state if their foods are made with human grade ingreideints any more. I don't know how knowledgeable the guy is, I haven't looked into it yet, but just thought I'd mention it.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:09 am

Almost though our first bag of TOTW Wetlands. No problems thus far, and better poops than on Canidae.

Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby Enigma » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:01 am

I just bought one bag of Pacific Stream Canine Formula and my Brina is doing great on it so far. Better poops than on any food she's been before and she likes this food a lot (well she likes any food actually). But too bad that my Jaka doesn't do well on it.. I made a mistake with switching him on this food too fast and i messed up big time, he had bloody diarrhea for a few days, but it's ok now. It was just a huge difference for him than previous foods that he ate before i got him (pedigree and stuff like that). I'll try feeding him TOTW again, this time with a VERY slow switch on it and if he won't do well on it, i'll try with the new canidae. Sadly we don't have many good dog foods here, we only have Canidae, TOTW and Orijen, but Orijen is too high in protein for Brina. Plus all these foods are VERY expensive here, sadly... TOTW is 84$ for a 30lbs bag, Canidae is 91$ for a 40lbs bag and Orijen is 76$ for a 30lbs bag (6 fresh fish is 91$ for 30lbs)... Damn European prices :po: I always have problems with finding the right food for my dogs...

L Boogie
Bully Ambassador

Postby L Boogie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:05 am

My dogs did great on the Wetlands, but they were really itchy on the Prairie formula.

Pit_friendly
Matured Bully

Postby Pit_friendly » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:07 am

bahamutt99 wrote: ... and better poops than on Canidae.

Oh totally! Poor Atlas, my senior Mastiff is now having solid poos again!

medagrl

Postby medagrl » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:51 am

I called around and found Taste of The Wild in a city near me for 43.99, I am currently using Kirkland, is that price reasonable for a 30lb bag?

MissLelee
Newborn Bully

Postby MissLelee » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:26 pm

medagrl wrote:I called around and found Taste of The Wild in a city near me for 43.99, I am currently using Kirkland, is that price reasonable for a 30lb bag?

That is a great price for TOTW... I would grab a 30lb bag of that in a heart beat and run!! roflmao

Lucky You! :thumbsup:

Return to “Health Issues”