Hi Everyone! We're new here!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
jamielvsaustin

Re: Hi Everyone! We're new here!

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:29 am

Hi! and :welcome: I'm not sure what she is...but I'd lean more towards what you and your boyfriend have guessed rather than the rescue. Unfortunately, sometimes they'll say things like that so the dogs are "more adoptable". I think it's bad business. If people believe them and the dog does have PB in it, they're going to be less likely to be accepting of certain traits-such as dog aggression. Some people think-all dogs should be treated the same. And while I understand that from a responsibility point of view (I should be just as responsible with my PB as I am with my poodle) I think each breed of dog should be dealt with sort of differently. A herding dog is going to exhibit certain behaviors that other nonherding dogs don't. And that shouldn't be viewed as a fault for that dog. Just like, PBs that demonstrate dog aggression, animal aggression, strong prey drive or an intense interest in digging should not be faulted.

With all of that said. What do you and your boyfriend know about different types of aggression? If your dog becomes unfriendly with her Husky friend, what's your plan? When you leave the house, are the two dogs left alone? Are they crated or separated? Do you guys visit dog parks?

Those are some of the biggest concerns I have when someone is a new dog owner. I want to arm as many new owners with GOOD information as I can.

Are you guys interested in doing any sort of activities with Paisley? Agility? Lure coursing? Obedience? Fly ball? Hiking? Swimming? Long walks on the beach and intimate conversations? What are you looking for in your relationship with her?

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:02 am

Your guess looks more accurate to me too! Curr and Pit Bull mixes are pretty common down there too. Please take in what Jamie said, im not going to be redundant and repeat it :) Welcome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:34 am

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”