Hello! New to forum

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
starrq
Newborn Bully

Hello! New to forum

Postby starrq » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Hello,
My name is Starr. I'm in MN and am involved in rescue. Currently I have a Shar Pei Catahoula mix in addition to a fostered Pit Bull Cattle Dog mix. I am the prior owner of Heart of the Beast Kennel in Redwood Falls, which was closed when my husband passed away. The last of my dogs from the kennel, Red Sky, died last year of old age. It broke my heart and I have been trying to track down the breeder in the hope of finding anyone who may have bred one of her siblings. (None of the pups off her sole litter were bred) I now live in Minneapolis.

My first dog was a Pit mix named Jack, who won my heart. Since my introduction to the breed, I have been in love. I have been active in educating others about the myths of the breed and fighting BSL. I absolutely love dogs and enjoy going out to the parks and jogging with them. I'm a dork about teaching silly tricks too. I need to buy another camcorder. I'm a bit tech challenged and love making dog videos.

I'm in my 40's and have gone back to college to finish a BA in Anthropology. Hope to minor in Linguistics so I can get a better and more interesting job. I start the U of M this fall. I have suffered some serious health issues over the past 5 years and hope that my health stays good from here on out.

Anyhow, that's a bit about me. Hope to be able to connect with others on this board, especially regarding bloodlines.

Oh, also, When my kennel closed, a friend took over my dogs and has been awesome. I was able to have reports as my dogs grew old in retirement and of the offspring they produced. I will be getting a pup from the breeder that is a "grand-pup" of two of my best dogs.

Bullseye

Re: Hello! New to forum

Postby Bullseye » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Always good to keep the lines going, have you any photos?

:modwelcomeonly2:

starrq
Newborn Bully

Postby starrq » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:08 am

I do but I'm not great with computers. I'll try to get some up this weekend.

haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby haranka » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:23 am

Welcome Starr 8)

deap3
Newborn Bully

Postby deap3 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:44 pm

Welcome! I'm new as well. :hi :hi

Bullseye

Postby Bullseye » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:05 pm

deap3 wrote:Welcome! I'm new as well. :hi :hi

Welcome to the forum deap, you need to start a new topic for your introduction rather than a reply, I'll validate your account this time round :)

Return to “Introductions”